The Roll Up
1. Lie on your back with legs fully extended, feet flexed, arms lengthening towards the wall behind you
2. Inhale as you bring your arms to the ceiling and pull your ribcage and abs into the mat
3. Bring the weight of your head forward and begin to peel your spine away from the mat exhaling as you roll all the way up
4. Take a deep inhale, exhale as you start to roll back onto your mat
5. Repeat 3-5x
If the full roll up is too challenging for you at this time, try the Roll Back. This is a great to tool to help you connect with your deep abs, work flexion and your articulation.
1. Sit on the mat with your knees bent about 2 feet away from your seat
2. Hands behind your thighs, elbows wide
3. Squeeze your thighs together as you curl your tailbone under bringing your lower back into the mat
4. Use the work that you feel in your abs to bring yourself back up to seated
***remember that every movement is full body!