The Mop Series is an excellent chest opening exercise. We thank Benjamin Degenhardt for teaching us this series that has helped many of our clients perfect their chest expansion! As you are moving through this series, image the poles are attached to springs for additional resistance. This is a great addition to the mat work that can be done at home with a pole, broom or mop!
The Mop Series
- Stand on the mat with a tall lifted spine
- Grab onto a stick, pole or mop shoulder width apart and hold at chest height
- Make an active fist around the pole and feel as though you are going to pull the pole apart – you should feel your arms and upper back
- Inhale as you press the pole down until it touches your thighs and image you are going to snap the pole across your thighs
- Hold the pole at your thighs as you look to the right, center, look left, center
- Exhale drag the pole back to chest height. Repeat 6x