Side kicks series challenges your stability while lying on your side. The closer the body is to a straight line from the crown of the head through your toes the more challenging it will be, so choose an angle that works for your body. As the leg is moving focus on creating as much length in the thigh as you can. Remember the more opposition and work you can put into your own body the more you will get out of each movement!
- Lie on your side in a straight line from the crown of your head down through your tailbone. From the hips the legs come forward towards the front corner of the mat
- Your top hand will actively press into the mat about 4 inches away from your chest.
- Actively draw your abs in – imagine you could slip a piece of paper between your waist and the mat
- Lift your top leg to hip height
- Kick the leg forward with control, kick the leg back with control. Repeat 6-10x on each side