The Seal is another rolling exercise similar to rolling like a ball and the open leg rocker. Difference is you are adding in the clap of the legs to start the roll back and while you are balancing. Start by just adding the clap at the beginning of the exercise if needed. Try to initiate and feel the clap of the legs from the deep scoop of the abs.
- Sit on the mat with your legs bent, heels together, toes long towards the mat and the knees apart
- Dive your hands between your legs and grab onto the outside of your ankles
- Keep the active press of the thighs and arms against each other
- Maintaining the deep scoop in the abs, lift the feet away from the mat so you are balancing
- Inhale, clap the legs from the hips 3x and roll back
- As your roll back the weight of the body is on the shoulders not the head
- Clap the legs 3x while balancing on the shoulders, exhale and roll back up. Repeat 6x