Side Kick Kneeling is similar to the side kick series we performed earlier but you are kneeling. This will be more challenging for your core stabilizers. Still focus on creating as much length in the thigh as possible and keep the waist long and lifted!
Side Kick Kneeling
- Kneel in the center of your mat with a tall lifted spine
- Place the left hand behind your head and extend the right arm out to side
- Plant the right hand onto the mat as the leg left extends to the side as high as you can lift it
- Your top hip should be stacked over your bottom knee and the shoulder over the wrist
- Maintain the active press of the arm into the mat as you inhale and kick the leg forward, exhale kick the leg back. Repeat 6x and then switch sides