It’s hard to believe we are almost half way through March MATness! By now you have hopefully developed and devoted yourself to a daily practice of moving well. Today we are doing Spine Twist, which is similar to the rotational twist in Saw, except that your legs stay glued together. A great tool to keep you honest in your rotation is to put your feet up against a wall. As you are twisting, keep your feet pressing into the wall.
- Sit tall with your legs long, thighs squeezing together and your feet flexed
- Arms are reaching to the sides creating as much length as you can from fingertip to fingertip with the shoulders anchored down your back
- Inhale, squeeze your glutes as you lift and lengthen your spine
- Maintain your height as you rotate to the right – the arms are moving only because of the rotation in the spine
- As you rotate, keep working the opposition of the arms, head to tailbone and the hips to heels
- Exhale twist back to center, inhale twist left. Repeat 3x each side