From the teaser we move right into the hip twist. Your in the hip twist is to keep everything from the waist up stable as the legs are circling. Also, focus on keeping the chest lifted. The hip twist is a great way to stretch the lower back.
- From your teaser position, extend the arms behind you with the fingertips facing away or to the side. You can also prop yourself up on your elbows
- Legs are actively extending up to the ceiling at a 90 degree angle
- Keeping your ribcage tight and your abs pulling in, inhale as your begin to circle your legs to the right, down towards the mat to your point of control and exhale as your circle them left back to center
- Reverse the direction of the circle and repeat 3x to each side
- As you are circling the legs, try to bring the legs as close to your head as possible