With tank top season around the corner……..hopefully, the standing arm weights are a great add on to the mat work. You will only need a light weight of 2-3lbs to make these exercise effective. The more that you can actively put the work into your own body the heavier those 2-3lbs will feel!
- Stand tall with your arms extended straight at shoulder height
- Inhale press the arms down and back as you maintain a stacked and stable spine
- Hold and turn your head right, center, left center and exhale as your release the arms back to shoulder height. Repeat 4-6x
- Lift the arms up and overhead as you actively press the heads of the weights together
- Bend the arms and bring the hands and weights behind the head and neck keeping the elbows broad, chest lifted and spine stacked.
- Inhale and press the arms long, reaching longer each time. Repeat 6-10x
- Hold onto the ends of the weights with the arms long in front of your hips
- Inhale and begin lifting the weights by drawing small circles up toward the ceiling for 8-10 counts
- Exhale as you circle back down. Repeat 3-6x
- Make sure you are using the full length of the arm to circle